Spanish I and Spanish II - Bismarck Century High School
(Spanish I books starting fall 2016 will be using Asi Se Dice textbooks and online activities. These books have been purchased by GWN and are no cost to the GWN schools. These books are (or will be) in each of the schools by the time school starts. (the registration numbers last spring were used for ordering for your school) If you are in need of additional copies, please contact me so that I can make arrangements.
* Spanish II info on bottom of this page *
In the fall of 2017, we will be switching to the Asi Se Dice textbook & online materials. Most students will have already had their Spanish I class having used the Asi Se Dice Spanish I materials.
A student in Spanish I and II will be expected to:
- develop consistency in Spanish pronunciation
- understand questions, commands, directions, and short conversations
- recognize words and phrases dealing with topics such as daily activities, travel
meals, weather, time, family, and sports
- develop an appreciation of a different culture through readings and discussions
It is recommended that any student who wishes to enroll in Spanish should be aware that strong English skills are essential to the mastery of a foreign language. This includes strengths in reading, comprehension, writing, and spelling. It is also important to realize that a great amount of time needs to be put in every day when studying a foreign language.